Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mind Disaster




















Way back at the very dawn of human civilization (or "1995" as we referred to it at the time), I received a phone call from a crazed Englishman who was living in France and putting out wild '60s-style garage and psychedelic records on a label called Weed Records. He had a lot of big plans and wanted me to design a bunch of record sleeves for his forthcoming onslaught of vinyl. The first (and last) thing I worked on for him was this poster for a two day festival featuring the cream of France's up'n'coming mid-'90s garage/psych crop. Not long after I sent him the artwork he disappeared owing gobs of cash to pretty much everybody in the garage scene (including yours truly) and as far as I know, no one has heard from him since. I was curious for years about whether the show had actually taken place so I was glad to recently learn from Lio of The Beach Bitches that not only did it happen but that everyone had a really great time. I wish I could have made it at least to the second night of this as I designed record sleeves for 3 of the 4 bands that played that night, which presumably means that someone would have bought me a free beer or two. Anyhow, more new old stuff coming soon to stick to the roof of your mind. Remember to Duck and Cover. Stay tuned for MORE ACTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment