Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Yum Yums




















Norway's Yum Yums have been rulin' the Euro powerpop scene for 15 years now. This poster was made for an early German tour which if I am remembering rightly took place shortly before the release of their album debut Sweeter Than Candy. I was doing a lotta powerpop art around this time (a couple of CD designs I did for Bomp! Records seemed to put me in solidly with the European pop crowd) and as with most of the stuff I did in that vein this one has two big influences: the '60s Pop Art scene and the sort of graphics you'd see on candy and bubblegum packaging. The Yum Yums are still goin' strong so you should check out some of their many cool releases. More stuff coming soon. Stay tuned for MORE ACTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment