Friday, June 4, 2010

Knightmares




















The Royal Knightmares were a moody surf instro combo from Rome, Italy. A spinoff from cryptic garage rockers The Others, they took the "Knightmares" part of their name from a story in my Rockin' Bones comic. This art was used as the front cover for a 5-song 7" EP that was issued by hip Brooklyn-based label Solamente Records back in 1996. The original art for this is long gone and since the sleeve of the record is crudely printed in the Rip Off Records tradition (I think they may have actually reproduced it from a photocopy I sent them), I scanned the image for you today from a decent quality photocopy of the original drawing that I found in my files. Stay tuned for MORE ACTION!

1 comment:

  1. I have this record! Very cool band with a slightly odd recording sound.One of my favorite 90's surf era records that most people never heard of.

    ReplyDelete