Sunday, September 27, 2009

Groovie Ghoulies




















Here's a Moldie Oldie from way back in 1999 for ya. The Ghoulies were about the nicest band I've ever dealt with in the rock'n'roll action scene. Guitarist Roach made a point of finding me at the show to tell me how much she liked the poster, and singer Kepi told me he had the poster I made for their first Winnipeg show (with The Queers) in his scrapbook at home. Also on the bill were Winnipeg's legendary streetpunk/horror maniacs The Horribles. In fact, this was the show where singer Andy O. Horrible slashed his hand on broken glass and had to get about 20 stitches. "Is that real blood?" Sure was. Horribles drummer Brian, one of the coolest guys I've met in my rockin' years, is now beatin' the skins with The Demon's Claws amongst other kool kombos. Well, I found a few more drawings under the couch yesterday so... Stay tuned for MORE ACTION!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! In honor of the Ghoulies' California origins I thought a Manson Bat would be rather apropos...

    ReplyDelete