Sunday, April 11, 2010

Garage Daze




















This was the poster for the 3 day Garage Days fest held way back in 2002 at the always grimy Royal Albert, home of general filth. Unfortunately I was outta town when this all took place so I can't give you any info on how it all went down. I don't think I've blabbed about The Hestons, one of my fave Winnipeg combos back in those days and the only local band who were really going for the full-on Estrus/Rip Off Records '90s garage sound. Another great local band who never had an official release, the only Hestons recordings I know of were made very late in their career and feature a more mature, serious sound as opposed to the high octane teenage trash they were known for in their heyday. There's a CDR out and about with those recordings on it and one track from the sessions turned up on the Winnipeg Riot! comp. Stay tuned for MORE ACTION!

2 comments:

  1. I was at the last day of this thing, and I believe I have photos somewhere, and a copy of this poster. Modey Lemon was incredibly loud, and their drummer beat the shit out of an electric fan that wasn't working properly. He eventually threw it into the crowd, who proceeded to stomp on it. This show was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info, Al. Wish I coulda been there. I've been racking my brains trying to remember where I actually was when this show was going on, but as usual lately I am drawing a blank...

    ReplyDelete