Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Do The Pop




















As a longtime fan of the label I was thrilled to get to work with legendary Bomp! Records honcho Greg Shaw on a couple of CD covers for his much esteemed recording imprint. This was during the late '90s powerpop revival and I made the cover art for a kool compilation of the best Bomp! material in that genre and also this design for a survey of the then-current Australian pop scene. This was compiled by the owner of Spinning Top Records, a label devoted to Antipodean powerpop which I had previously done a bit of sleeve design work for. As I mentioned before when blabbing about this powerpop thing, I often reference '60s pop art imagery when working in the genre and this one has an Andy Warhol concept to it. Anyhow, here's a salute to Greg Shaw, an all around ravin' rock'n'roll fan and a nice guy to boot. Stay tuned for MORE ACTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment