Friday, July 9, 2010

Live Monsters Invade Audience! They May Grab You!
















Another missing link for you today. This was meant to be the cover for a live LP by the well known Swiss garage/rockabilly/trash combo The Monsters. Intended for release on the Record Junkie label, this LP never came out for reasons that are unknown to me. Monsters leader Beat-Man told me I could go as crazy as I wanted with sex and violence for this cover (a pretty dangerous thing to say to the likes of me) and this weird mashup of Jack Kirby, Wally Wood and Mars Attacks was the inevitable result. This piece was published in Winnipeg's premiere alternative comix anthology Sunburn back in the late '90s but has remained otherwise unseen until now. Oh yeah, uh, Warning: May contain graphic violence. Stay tuned for MORE ACTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment